Quinoa and Black-eyed Peas Salad/How to make Quinoa and Black-eyed Peas31 Oct, 2017
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 10 min
Quinoa and black-eyed peas (lobia), both are very good source of fiber. High fiber food keeps you feeling full because of they digestive slowly which is good for weight control.
Quinoa and Black-eyed peas is a fresh, healthy and easy salad recipe, which goes well for lunch. This salad rice is good for those people who are on the diet because this salad does contain no oil, no fat.
Quinoa 1 cup cooked Black-eyes peas (Lobia) 1 cup cooked Green chilies 1 finely chopped Onion 3 Tbsp. Cucumber 3 Tbsp. Chaat masala/Amachur 1 tsp. Salt ¼ tsp. Lemon juice 1 tsp Chopped cilantro 1 tbsp. Black pepper 1/8 tsp
In a large mixing bowl, add lobia and quinoa and mix it well. Add chopped cucumber, chopped onion and green chilly into it.
Add chaat masala/ Amachur, salt and black pepper. Add lemon juice and cilantro. Mix it well and serve it.
Quinoa Black-eyed Peas salad is ready to serve.
1. I used already prepared quinoa and lobia. If you want to prepare fresh lobia then soak lobia overnight or at least 4 hrs. Pressure cook for 15 min till it becomes tender. For preparing quinoa, rinsed it and cook on slow flame for 15 min.
2. Since I have used cooked quinoa and lobia that was just out of the refrigerator, you are preparing fresh and want to serve chilled then do not add cilantro and lemon juice before hand. First, refrigerate and then add cilantro and lime juice while serving.
3. Since quinoa and black-eyed peas are cooked in salt water, add little bit salt.
4. You can adjust the seasoning according to your taste.
5. You can also add tomatoes.
If you like this post do drop in your feedback too.