Potato Cheese Balls/How to make Potato Cheese Balls15 Sep, 2017
- Servings : 4 people
- Prep Time : 15 min
- Cook Time : 20 min
Potato cheese balls are mouth watering evening snack loved among everyone especially kids. It is another easy recipe that can be prepared in few minute if you have boiled potatoes ready. This is perfect for parties snacks or appetizers.
Potatoes cheese balls are made from boiled potatoes with few spices and stuffed with the filling of cheese. Once I got them fried and cut in half, there is little surprise gooey cheesy goodness. Cheese gives the appetizing look to the potato cheese balls. You can add some Italian seasoning (oregano or basil leaves) in the potato mixture to give a nice aroma to the recipe.
Potato 3-4 (Boiled) Onion 1 small Salt to taste Garam masala ¼ tsp. Black pepper powder 1/8 tsp. Cilantro 2 tbsp. Bread Crumbs 3 tbsp.+2 tbsp. All Purpose Flour 2 tbsp. + 1 Tbsp. Water 1/3 cup Cheese of your choice ¼ cup Green Chilly 2 Corn Flour 1 tbsp.
Wash and boil the potato till it cooks. Chop the onion and green chilly.
To make slurry: In a small bowl, add 1 tbsp of corn starch and 1 tbsp of all purpose flour mix it and add a little water at a time till it comes in running consistency. Keep it aside.
In another mixing bowl, add grated cheese, pinch of salt, chopped green chilly and black pepper. Mix it and keep it aside
In a mixing bowl, grate potatoes and add chop onion.
Add garam masala, salt, all purpose flour and mix it well.
Add bread crumbs and mix it. Now pinch a lemon size ball out of the mixture.
Roll it and flatten by pressing and place a heap tbsp. of cheese in the center over flatten mixture and bring all edge together.
Make a ball, repeat this procedure with remaining mixture. Now dip them in to slurry paste.
Then rolls the balls in the fresh crumbs so that they are coated uniformly.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a pan for frying. Add 3 to 4 balls in the hot oil and fry them till it golden brown
Take out on absorbent paper and serve them.
Serve immediately with ketchup or green chutney
1. Prepare FRESH Breadcrumbs: Take the fresh bread slices, make them into small pieces and pulse them in the food processor/mixer. Fresh bread crumbs are ready.
2. Oil temperature plays the very important role while frying the balls. It should be enough hot, neither too hot else it remains uncooked inside nor cool otherwise it led to breaking of them.
3. Adjust the seasoning according to your taste.
4. Add red chilly powder instead of green chilly.
5. We can use any cheese, however, mozzarella and processed cheese are recommended. I have used Mexican blended cheddar. (Need to check)
6. You can add Italian herbs (parsley, basil, oregano) instead of coriander leaves.
If you like this post do drop in your feedback too.