Aloo Sev/Potato sev/How to make Potato sev20 Apr, 2017
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10 min
- Cook Time : 15 min
Aloo Sev is an easy and quick savory tea time snack, which can make in large quantity and store in an airtight container and enjoy for a month.
Aloo Sev usually prepared with boiled, mashed potatoes, Besan, and some spices. Spices can be adjusted as per taste; you can add Chili flavor or lemon as per your taste. Adding asafetida is also optional.
I have learned this recipe from my aunt in my teenage, but that time my experiment was a disaster after that I was not able to get enough enthusiasm to tr it again. Last week, I have found written recipe in my diary so think to try again after a long time. This time, experiment comes out pretty good and both of my “A” enjoyed a lot.
Here is the recipe:
Potato 2 Medium Besan 1 Cup Chili Powder ½ tsp Garam Masala 1 Tsp Asafetida A pinch Turmeric Powder ¼ tsp Lime Juice 1 Tsp Oil For Fry+ 1 Tsp +1 Tsp
Boil, Peel, and Mash the potatoes Now take a large bowl, add mashed potato, asafetida, chilly powder, garam masala and turmeric powder
Mix it well. Now add besan.
Add salt and lemon juice and prepare dough (I forget to add lime juice and salt in this step so I add in the next step.)
Once the dough becomes consistent, grease your hand with 1 tsp of oil and knead it further.
Grease the sev maker (Murukku Press) with another tsp of oil and fill the maker with prepare dough. Press it in preheated oil in medium flame, once it cooked from one side, flip to another side till bubble ceases.
Drain on kitchen towel paper. Let it cool and then crush it slightly with hands and store in airtight container. Serve with hot ginger tea or can munch anytime you feel hungry.
- 1. Potato should be mashed properly without any lumps; otherwise, it could stick in maker while pressing in oil.
- 2. Besan quantity depends on mashed potato consistency, if you think your dough is sticky you can add more besan.
- 3. To check the oil temperature drop piece of dough into the oil, if it comes immediately without changing its color, means oil is ready, if it gets changed the color means oil is hot.
- 4. Aloo Bhujia cooked very fast so take out as soon as bubbles ceases while frying
- 5. Instead of lemon one could use Chaat masala also.
If you like this post do drop in your feedback too.